Generally, there are three main choices for packing:
- You can pack everything yourselves, in which case we can supply all the cartons and packing materials.
- We can pack everything.
- We can just pack your breakables and you pack the remainder.
Whatever you require, the choice is yours!
|D.I.Y. Packing - FREE BOXES!!!|
| If you choose to pack the smalls and breakables yourself, we can supply all the boxes and packing materials that you will need. These can be delivered well in advance of your move to give you plenty of time and not have a last minute rush. The cartons are flat and do not take up much room until you need them. They simply need to be taped, with the tape supplied. All cartons can be kept by you and returned or collected by us only when you have finished unpacking and it doesn't matter how long you take|
The boxes are free of charge if we get them back. We deliver and collect free of charge in our local areas. (We charge a fully refundable deposit on the cartons)
| || || |
| Standard cartons - 46x46x51cm (18"x18"x20")|
For china, glass, pots & pans, linen etc
Book / small cartons - 46x46x30cm (18"x18"x12")
Half size cartons for heavy items - books, cd's etc
Wardrobe cartons: Our staff will normally pack all your hanging clothes as part of a standard 'Owner Pack' move but you may have them in advance if, for instance you are dismantling or selling your wardrobes.
Plain paper: For packing breakables - no dirty glasses to wash after the move.
Bubble Wrap: For more delicate items
Acid free tissue paper: For lead crystal and silver - no damage through tarnishing etc which can happen if stored in boxes for any length of time.
5 Ply paper export blankets: To protect delicate veneered furniture - will not snag on loose corners.
Polythene mattress and three-piece suite covers: To prevent soiling to upholstery.
| || || |
|Professional Packing service|
| Sit back and leave it all to us - our staff will do everything for you. Everything will be packed into labelled boxes, on the day of the move or a day before (whatever suits you), therefore reducing disruption to the household routine.|
All our staff are experienced and trained so you know your delicate possessions will be handled with the utmost care and safely transported
| || || |
| You may prefer to pack some goods yourself and have us pack others. Our customer's wishes are our priority and we will, therefore, fall in with your requirements.|
The most common request is for us to pack just the breakables - with our expertise these items will not get damaged. You then pack the remainder with materials that we can supply - scroll up to D.I.Y. packing.
| || || ||
Contact Details for the Weston and Edwards Group:
Weston and Edwards Removals:
BRIDGWATER 01278 425508
TAUNTON 01823 324004
MINEHEAD 01643 703048
YEOVIL 01935 822237
We cover: Bridgwater, Bristol, Burnham on Sea, Castle Cary, Chard, Exeter, Glastonbury, Highbridge, Ilminster, Martock, Minehead, Sherborne, Taunton, Tiverton, Wellington, Wells, Weston Super Mare, Wincanton, Yeovil and everywhere in-between.
FROME 01373 334580
TROWBRIDGE 01225 766159
BATH 01225 904435
SALISBURY 01722 788010
We cover: Amesbury, Bath, Bruton, Bradford on Avon, Calne, Chippenham, Devizes, Frome, Marlborough, Melksham, Radstock, Salisbury, Shaftesbury, Shepton Mallet, Swindon, Trowbridge, Warminster, Westbury, Wilton and everywhere in-between.
North Somerset Removals:
WESTON SUPER MARE 01934 417444
BRISTOL 01173 601010
COLCHESTER 01206 571971
CHELMSFORD 01245 493912
CLACTON ON SEA 01255 476797
We cover: Braintree, Chelmsford, Clacton on Sea, Colchester, Dunmow, Harwich, Maldon, Tiptree, Witham and everywhere in-between.
WICKFORD 01268 573232
SOUTHEND 01702 480120
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS 01245 322218
We cover: Basildon, Billericay, Braintree, Brentwood, Canvey Island, Chelmsford, Grays, Halstead, Harwich, Leigh-on-Sea, Romford, South Woodham Ferrers, Southend on Sea, Stanford-le-Hope, Wickford, Witham and everywhere in-between.
IPSWICH 01473 225797
FELIXSTOWE 01394 654495
STOWMARKET 01449 684065
We cover: Bury St Edmunds, Felixstowe, Haverhill, Ipswich, Stowmarket, Sudbury and everywhere in-between.
NB: Calls may be recorded for training purposes.
Top tips when moving house...
1. Get a quotation well in advance. Either complete our quotation form or make an appointment with our removals estimator. Proper planning ensures a smooth and trouble-free move.
2. If you have time, get rid of all your unwanted items and rubbish in advance - it's lovely to move into a new home, without unwanted clutter.
3. Doing your own packing? Anything that will fit into a box should be packed. Other loose items, garden tools for instance, can be taped together. Don't overfill the boxes. It's best to use our cartons as they are tailor-made for the job.
4. Items can be left in drawers if they're not too heavy, and if the drawers are removable (Our chaps can take the drawers out, put the carcass in the truck and replace the drawers to cut down the amount of packing that you have to do)
5. Freezers can usually stay full. Perhaps put the food in bags/baskets, so that if we struggle, we can take the food out prior to loading, and put back in for transit. We are often able to plug in the freezer on an overnight move.
6. Keep all keys (filing cabinets, safe, wardrobes) together in a safe place.
7. Self-assembly furniture is best dismantled before moving.
8. Prepare a survival pack for the things you will need on moving day - toys, kettle, passports and for the first day in your new home ie: bedding. Keep this separately and make sure the removal men know.
9. Let your mover know beforehand if you haven't managed to get your packing done, got rid of stuff or anything else you haven't asked for in your removal quote. That gives us time to make the necessary arrangements.
10. Make sure your removal company is aware of any access difficulties at either property.
11. People to notify of your change of address: Doctors, dentists, banks, Gas, Electricity, Royal Mail, phone company, D.V.L.A (Driving licence), Friends and relatives!
12. Check that we are available before you commit to a moving date.
We adhere to the British Association of Removers Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme which is independently operated by:
The Furniture Ombudsman
3-4 Viewpoint Office Village
T: 0333 241 3209