Moving to France and Spain
Your possessions are precious to you, so you will want a removal company you can trust to transport them safely and efficiently over many miles.
Weston & Edwards have the knowledge & expertise which, when combined with the care, consideration and reliability afforded by a well established family firm, gives you complete peace of mind.
| Removals to France & Spain by Road / Ferry:|
Because of recent legislation, there are now far fewer restrictions and moving to E.U. Countries has never been simpler. It is advisable, however, to consult a removal company who is familiar with the different laws of different countries, to ensure a smooth and trouble-free move.
| || || |
|Smooth & efficient moving service to Spain & France:|
| Full house removals- your own truck for your goods only - your choice of dates.|
Part load or single items - For smaller amounts, a few boxes or personal possessions? - you only pay for the space you need! Favourable rates can be given for small loads or individual items
If you're taking a lesser amount, considerable savings are made by sharing the space with other part loads.
There are currently many people moving to France & Spain, so there are lots of opportunities for part loads and favourable rates.
Early Booking discounts
If you have a full, or nearly full load, and you book at least 6 weeks in advance we can often offer a minimum discount of 10%/£250 + VAT on our quoted rate
LATEST PART LOADS AVAILABLE
w/c 13th August. UK to SE France. Space both ways
16th August. UK to Brittany, France. Space both ways
3rd September. UK to Almeria, Spain. Space both ways
NO VAT on trips to the UK from France & Spain
| || || |
| Small Loads to France & Spain|
For urgent smaller loads we can supply a dedicated small van and removal men. Handy for if you're unable to wait for a part load or need to have a guaranteed schedule.
We can collect your goods from your present home, packing all 'smalls' if required. Please refer to our Packing page for details of packing boxes and materials and all services offered.
If you are unable to move directly into your new home abroad storage is available in our clean, modern container storage facility.
Full INSURANCE COVER, to protect your goods whilst in transit, is included in the quote.
Get a FREE Spanish Property Buyers Guide:
All you need to know about buying a property in Spain.
| || || ||
Contact Details for the Weston and Edwards Group:
Weston and Edwards Removals:
BRIDGWATER 01278 425508
TAUNTON 01823 324004
MINEHEAD 01643 703048
YEOVIL 01935 822237
We cover: Bridgwater, Bristol, Burnham on Sea, Castle Cary, Chard, Exeter, Glastonbury, Highbridge, Ilminster, Martock, Minehead, Sherborne, Taunton, Tiverton, Wellington, Wells, Weston Super Mare, Wincanton, Yeovil and everywhere in-between.
FROME 01373 334580
TROWBRIDGE 01225 766159
BATH 01225 904435
SALISBURY 01722 788010
We cover: Amesbury, Bath, Bruton, Bradford on Avon, Calne, Chippenham, Devizes, Frome, Marlborough, Melksham, Radstock, Salisbury, Shaftesbury, Shepton Mallet, Swindon, Trowbridge, Warminster, Westbury, Wilton and everywhere in-between.
North Somerset Removals:
WESTON SUPER MARE 01934 417444
BRISTOL 01173 601010
COLCHESTER 01206 571971
CHELMSFORD 01245 493912
CLACTON ON SEA 01255 476797
We cover: Braintree, Chelmsford, Clacton on Sea, Colchester, Dunmow, Harwich, Maldon, Tiptree, Witham and everywhere in-between.
WICKFORD 01268 573232
SOUTHEND 01702 480120
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS 01245 322218
We cover: Basildon, Billericay, Braintree, Brentwood, Canvey Island, Chelmsford, Grays, Halstead, Harwich, Leigh-on-Sea, Romford, South Woodham Ferrers, Southend on Sea, Stanford-le-Hope, Wickford, Witham and everywhere in-between.
IPSWICH 01473 225797
FELIXSTOWE 01394 654495
STOWMARKET 01449 684065
We cover: Bury St Edmunds, Felixstowe, Haverhill, Ipswich, Stowmarket, Sudbury and everywhere in-between.
NB: Calls may be recorded for training purposes.
Top tips when moving house...
1. Get a quotation well in advance. Either complete our quotation form or make an appointment with our removals estimator. Proper planning ensures a smooth and trouble-free move.
2. If you have time, get rid of all your unwanted items and rubbish in advance - it's lovely to move into a new home, without unwanted clutter.
3. Doing your own packing? Anything that will fit into a box should be packed. Other loose items, garden tools for instance, can be taped together. Don't overfill the boxes. It's best to use our cartons as they are tailor-made for the job.
4. Items can be left in drawers if they're not too heavy, and if the drawers are removable (Our chaps can take the drawers out, put the carcass in the truck and replace the drawers to cut down the amount of packing that you have to do)
5. Freezers can usually stay full. Perhaps put the food in bags/baskets, so that if we struggle, we can take the food out prior to loading, and put back in for transit. We are often able to plug in the freezer on an overnight move.
6. Keep all keys (filing cabinets, safe, wardrobes) together in a safe place.
7. Self-assembly furniture is best dismantled before moving.
8. Prepare a survival pack for the things you will need on moving day - toys, kettle, passports and for the first day in your new home ie: bedding. Keep this separately and make sure the removal men know.
9. Let your mover know beforehand if you haven't managed to get your packing done, got rid of stuff or anything else you haven't asked for in your removal quote. That gives us time to make the necessary arrangements.
10. Make sure your removal company is aware of any access difficulties at either property.
11. People to notify of your change of address: Doctors, dentists, banks, Gas, Electricity, Royal Mail, phone company, D.V.L.A (Driving licence), Friends and relatives!
12. Check that we are available before you commit to a moving date.
We adhere to the British Association of Removers Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme which is independently operated by:
The Furniture Ombudsman
3-4 Viewpoint Office Village
T: 0333 241 3209